Been over 9 months in the San Francisco Bay Area for me. This place must rank as one of the best in terms of the natural beauty. A sprawling crystal blue bay merging into the immense Pacific, dotted with emerald islands like Alcatraz, Angel Island and Treasure Island; crisscrossed by imposing architectural marvels like the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge and flanked by undulating mountain ranges and highlands. On a clear day, a hike on any of the innumerable trails, will ensure a marvelous vista.
Few notable points about San Francisco which is a unique city in lots of ways.
- A city with no summer whatsoever, the temperature more or less remains the same throughout the year. Mark Twain once commented that "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco".
- Hardly a flat road in sight, it is all steep crests and troughs
- The most liberal city for people of alternate sexual orientation
- Tolerant and cosmopolitan population composition
- One can feel the history of the place with the old stately buildings and neighbourhoods
- Having the least traffic congestion among the big cities of USA
- Fitness consciousness is very high. A city of joggers and bikers