Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Day off from Office/School ...
Some interesting circumstances that have occurred in my life for which I wasn't able to go to my school or office
  • Ammonia leak in a nearby meat-packing factory in South San Francisco, which resulted in the entire office district being closed
  • Firing by terrorists on a school bus carrying children of Army personnel, belonging to my school in Srinagar(Kashmir) (fortunately no one was killed)
  • A bustling religious fair near my office in Pune, which resulted in all approach roads being shut off, and an unbearable decibel level for work
  • A curfew due to religious riots between Hindus and Muslims in Balasore(Orissa)
  • Incessant rains in Bombay resulting in 4-5 feet of water outside the housing complex, resulting in a no-show at office

Feel free to add in the comments any such interesting incidents that have resulted in you having to forcibly take a day-off.
One that I can think off is the fact that schools and some offices were shut down due to swine flu threat.

1 Comments:

Blogger J Ramanand said...

(un)fortunately, nothing this interesting. Just the usual bandhs. We didn't get any time for swine flu! I guess we were dispensable :-)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home