Thursday, January 02, 2003

New Year Ups and Down
The new year has started with a bang and with a mortal scare.
Ushered in the New Year high on spirits(literally) . Boogeying it out in a party organized by the Bombay Disco Fire-N-Ice. it had all the works, lasers, psychedelic lights and sounds, a giant video screen for watching the gyrating crowds. The DJ had a fixation for techno songs, which werent my preferred aural stimulants. I have a penchant for solid unadulterated music, a la Daler Mehndi or Bryan Adams. Finally the International DJ (thats the way it was advertised on Pune Times :) ) played a couple of songs from Kaante, which perked up the crowd.
The down of this New Year was really numbing. Met with a bike-crash on the 1st , was speeding up the Nagar Highway. Had to brake suddenly as there was a minor oil-slick ,which wouldnt have affected any wild-life or the environment, but would have certainly added me to the endangered or extinct list. So skidded and banged the vehicle in front of me, and went down with my bike, not deserting it till the last moment. Was reminded of the Captain of the Bismarck :) . As I fell and laid sprawling in the middIe I could almost sense a truck or a car, steamrolling me and my life flashing in Fast forward ( exaggeration. Pardon me ) , but thankfully everyones brakes and minds were alert and they screeched to a halt behind me . I was dazed for a moment, was as grateful to my helmet as some of the fortunate soldiers of a World-War blitz. Some samaritans lifted my bike and a dazed me, to the side. I did a quick self-check to find that I was miraculously unhurt, not a scratch ,was as smooth as Hema Malini's cheeks. Though later on did discover some minor bruises. The bike was also in fine fettle.
I thanked the guys as well as paid my obeisance to the Gods and was back on my way albeit with a wary eye on anything wet and shiny on the road...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home